Saturday, June 5, 2010

A Home Far Away!


Flaming Gorge has always been a place to get away from everything that is going on in the world and be able to relax. Ever since I was little we would spend a lot of our holidays with family and friends out at our Lodge in Flaming Gorge. I was so excited when I found out that my family was going out to the Lodge over Memorial Day Weekend and they were bringing the boat... with that reason, there was no excuse not to go! Flaming Gorge is a home away from home and I was really excited to share it with Jesse. We had a lot of fun and can't wait to go back!

The whole family, minus dad who was behind the camera, at Moose Lake.


The campfire!


Jesse and I by the fire


Do I have something on my face?


We both found these jackets at the Lodge and decided to wear them so that our clothes didn't get a smoky smell on them. I also found these lovely pants in one of the rooms there. Luckily they were long enough..... aren't they?


Eatin our s'mores! Yummy!!


Jesse and I with the fish!


Bobby is a natural when it comes to fishing. He would put his pole in and before I could even get the worm on my hook, he'd have a fish! After an hour and a half we decided to pack up and go, Bobby caught two fish, I caught one fish, and Jesse had one bite. Ha-ha it was really funny...Jesse was really intrigued with what Bobby was doing that he didn't know his hook had a fish on it, so he lost it... oh well, he'll get one next time.


Jesse, Bobby, my dad and I all went fishing at 6:00 a.m. I have ALWAYS loved fishing and was so excited to get up early and go fishing, Jesse on the other hand took convincing to get out on the lake that early :) but in the end it was totally worth it!


The family ready for church.


Boating has always been a favorite activity for my family. The last day we were at Flaming Gorge we went boating. We didn't realize how intense the sun was and ended up burning, but it was worth it!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun trip! Jesse fishing and cooking? The times are a changing. Thanks for taking such good care of Jess. Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to see you've got a blog put together so the rest of us can keep up on you guys. Looks like a great trip -- wish I could have come along for the ride :)

    ReplyDelete